Tanya Burr eyeshadow palettes

I have had these palettes or more like eyesahdow quads for some time now. I have had these on my blogging list, but as I stopped blogging for some time, I didn't got round to it.


Let's start this post up with the packaging. As I understand Tanya's audience is mainly teens, so I kind of understand the packaging. For me it's a little too cheesy or cheesy even isn't the right word, but you can tell it's meant for younger audience, which I do get it and  it's ok by me. It's just a cardboard box with magnetic closer. I find these being a little bolky and not the easisest to store. I personally would prefer slimmer packaging. 
About the eyeshadows. Most of them are pigmented and creamy, but there are some shades I'm not a so keen on. It's actually more the Hollywood palette which really doesn't work for me or to be honest I think I've got a bad patch or it's just not as good as others. My personal fave is Galaxy. Back to eyeshadows - I like the color selection and also the fact every palette has mixture between mattes and shimmers and not just shimmers, but some  has just a sheen in it, some are more shimmery and then there's one super glittery shade as well. I have to say that darker shades are a little bit more pigmented than lighter ones, but lighter ones aren't bad eather. I got mine from Feelunique and I think one palette costs around 7 or 8 euros, but Tanya's products are often 3 for 2, so in my opinion they're super affordable. As you have realised I pretty much only use affordable products and I think they can be good, but at the same time specifically with palletes they're not as consistent with the formula. 

About the specific palettes, As I said my personal fave is Galaxy. It has 1 matte and 3 shimmers. I prefer cool toned eyeshadows to warm toned ones, so that probably the reason why it's my fave, but also the formula of this palette is the best out of three. I usually do matte brown in my crease and lighter shimmery shade all over my lid and this palette is really good for it. It has been my every day palette for multiple times (as I have a lot of makeup, I often change up my everyday draw) and I often find myself coming back to it. I also like the look of Starry night, but I haven't been brave enough for wearing it. 




Next is the Fairytale one. It has 3 matte and 1 shimmery shade. I don't use black eyeshadow, but all the other shades in these palette are pretty. Alohomora is even a little bit like duochrome and I absolutely like it.




My least fave is Hollywood, because it just doesn't work with me. I have seen Tanya using the shade Cold coin in one of here videos and on her it looks so pretty, but mine pretty much doesn't have any pigmentation. Same thing is withEnchantment, the one I have is so bad. It just has junks of  glitter in it and I have tried so many diffrent products for making this shadow to stick on my lids, but it's just doesn't. Within seconds I have hugh pieces of gold glitter under my eye and it's not good. I know it's meant to be super glittery, but mine is glittery and then it seriously has hugh pieces of glitter in it. I can't say anything bad about bookwork and nude delight, but as I don't like two shades out of four I actually don't reach for this palette at all. 




I have to say these palettes are so, so. Galaxy and Fairytale are good ones, but Hollywood is a let down.

xxxxxxxx

Comments

  1. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!. http://hairstylesg.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eveline BIG VOLUME EXPLOSION! ripsmetušš

BYS Velvet lips liquid lipsticks

Products I Plan to Pan in 2023