Essence Shading powder

As you might have realized I love Essence makeup and usually they’re absolute gems, but sometimes not as good. 


Again this product isn’t available here in Estonia at least I haven’t seen (got it from Latvia). I got it in April, but I just recently got around to use it. It’s called as shading powder, so it’s meant to be a contour shade, however in my opinion it’s too warm for contouring. I got mine in the shade 02 medium, because bronzer in this compact was more cool toned than the one in the shade 01. The bronzer is a little powdery, but it blends out well and it’s completely matte. I’ve been quite obsessed with it for the past month or so. It’s really nice bronzer and as it’s not too too pigmented it’s good for my pale skin. I have seen some youtubers with medium toned skin liking it as contour shade, so aguess it really depends from the skin tone.


About the highlighter. It’s a pink toned one and it’s really subtle. It gives pretty sheen to the cheeks, but it’s not one of those in your face bright highlighters. In some reason I can’t see myself reaching for it, but writing this post I really think I should give it a go. I have to admit that negative side about this higlighter is the fact it’s quite powdery, it kicks off quite a bit of a powder whilst I swirl my brush in it.


So not as mad about the highlighter, but the bronzer is nice. Another thing I want to mention is the shape of this product. I like it has both bronzer and highlighter, but as I use big brush for my bronzer I find it to be a little too small. I have to look carefully not for mixing the bronzer and highlighter together.
Eventhough I’ve been obsessed with the bronzer I wouldn’t repurchase it, because first of all the size of the bronzer and secondly Essence has so many other bronzers  which are bigger and easier to use (I mean specifically the Sun club bronzers). In case you have pale skin like me I recommend to get the Catrice contour palette for contouring. I think this compact was about 3 euros.


xxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eveline BIG VOLUME EXPLOSION! ripsmetušš

BYS Velvet lips liquid lipsticks

Products I Plan to Pan in 2023