Essence The velvets eyeshadow

I have never been a hugh fan of Essence eyeshadows. The main reason is that their formula isn't consistent. Some of their shadows are really good and others are just a miss. Some shadows are extremly pigmented and soft and buttery, but others are chalky and not pigmented at all. However I always like to try out their different shadows to see if they've improved their formula. 
The velvets came out for an ages ago, but I just picked one up. The velvets are actually going out from Essence range at the end of February, so they're on sale right now. I picked mine up from Estonian shop called Selver and original price was 2.19, but at the moment it costs 1,31. 




This eyeshadow is nice and soft, but it kicks off quite some powder. At the same time it's quite pigmented. It's definitely not the nicest eyeshadow I've ever used, but it's OK. Usually Essence has better formula for their lighter shimmery shades than darker matte shades. 
I have it in the shade 01 Fluffy clouds - I really like the names Essence has on their products. This is a white shadow with a little bit of sheen to it, but it's definitely not a shimmery one. It looks more shimmery from the pan than the actual product is. Eventhough I said it's not the most amazing shadow I've ever used, I can already tell I'm going to get a lot of use out of it. It's such a great shade for me, because I can set my eyeshadow primer with it and it's also nice to highlight the browbone with. Also as every day basis I don't always like to go for super shimmery shadows, but sometimes I still fancy some shimmer. I actually also liked some other shades from the range, but I have so many other eyeshadows, so I couldn't pick them up. They had a nice taupe shade and also two slightly pink toned shadows.



I recommend to go and check out these shadows, but before buying definitely swatch them.

xxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eveline BIG VOLUME EXPLOSION! ripsmetušš

BYS Velvet lips liquid lipsticks

Products I Plan to Pan in 2023