2016 makeup favourites

This year I actually decided to switch up my yearly faves comparing to last year. Last year I had my absolute faves in every single category, but this year there are more than just one product in some categories as I just couldn’t choose one product. Last year I also was very strict with the amount of time I had used the product, most of the products in the 2015 faves were ones I used from the beginning of the year. This year I just have the products I have loved a lots throughout the year – some from the beginning of the year and others from the second part of the year. Last year I only had makeup faves, but this year I have so many other beauty products I also would like to share with all of you. However this will be a separate post as this one would be too long. 
So finally about my 2016 makeup faves. I’ll do it in order as I would apply them into my face.

Primer: There was one primer what really stand out for me this year and it was Maybelline Baby skin Instant fatique blur primer. Now I have two of these one of them is in the shade warm apricot and other in the shade cool rose. I think one is meant for cool undertoned skin and other for warm, but I honestly can’t see the diffrence between these two then they are on my skin. I had quite a dry skin throughout 2016 and this primer just smooths my skin out. This primer doesn’t make my makeup last longer, but it just gives a smooth base to start with.


Foundation: 2016 was definetly the year then I started to like dewy foundations. As i said earlier my skin was quite dry and matte or even satin finish foundations wasn’t for me anymore. I have two foundations I absolutely loved in 2016 and both of them are quite similar in finish. First Rimmel Wake me up foundation. I had had my eye on it for an ages, but in some reason I never picked it up and finally decided  to do it in spring. In some reason it always looked really orange for me in the shop, but it’s not at all. In winter time I’m really pale and this is one of the only foundations I can match at the moment. So it’s really good then you are pale. It has medium coverage. It has quite a thick formula, but it blends out really easily. It has quite some sheen to it, but as my skin is quite dull, I can’t see it a lots, but sometimes with sunshine on my skin I can see it, but it really doesn’t bother me. Other one is Bourjois CC cream. Comparing it with other CC and BB creams, it's a full coverage one, but comparing it to with other foundations it has a medium one. This one is way more liquid in consistansy. As both of these foundations are quite dewy they don’t last the longest, but they’re fine for up  7 to 8 hours.


Concealer: Rimmel Match perfection concealer was definitely a stand out for me in the last year. I mainly used it underneath my eyes as it’s quite a dewy concealer as well. It doesn’t crease or set in fine lines, so I absolutely adore it. Really need to repurchase one, as mine is pretty much done.


Powder: I’ve always liked loose powders and this year I got a P2 Perfect face refine + prime powder form Germany and absolutely loved it. I don’t have it right now, but if you could buy it, definitely do.


Bronzer: Catrice Prime and fine contour palette in the shade 01 Ashy radiance was my absolute fave in 2016. I like both products in it, but bronzer is the main reason. Bronzer is quite a cool toned, so easily can be used as contour powder and highlighter in it is nice and subtle for eveyday use. It’s in the shade I like in bronzer and also blends out well.


Blush: There was one blush I found myself going back to all the time and it was Essence Silky touch blush in the shade 10 Adorable. It doesn’t have a lot of pigment in it and that’s the reason I like it. It’s light pink toned blush with slight shimmer in it, great for everyday use and also suitable for eveyone who doesn’t like a lot of blush in the cheeks.


Highlighter: This was quite difficult for me, but there was one highlighter what came in my mind straight a way as I thought about this category. Freedom Pro highlight in the shade Ambient. It's really subtle and just has some sheen to it. Everyday basics going to uni and work I don’t like to have too much on, so this is perfect. However it’s a little too dark for me right now.


Eyeborws: Ever since I got Makeup Revolution Focus and fix brow kit (mine in he shade medium dark) I haven’t used anything else on my brows. I mainly use the right side of this quad. So the ashy brown shade and also the clear wax. I’ve never used this kind of a wax on my brows, but this one works so well.


Eyeshadow: These two palettes stand out a lots for me in 2016 and it’s quite funny because they’re pretty much the same. Both are matte palettes. I like the colour selection in Catrice (All about matte eyeshadow palette) one better, but the formula of BYS (just called matte) one is better. So I go between these two a lots. 


Mascara: Essence Falsh lash dramatic volume unlimited mascara. This one is quite new, but I’m already on my second one. I like everything about this mascara the brush, formula and the colour of it. I gives me both length and volume. I also recommend Essence mascaras in general, as I find them to be super good relation in terms of quality and price.


Lip liner: Both has great formula and I also like the shade of them a lot. So my faves were Esence lip liner in the shade 11 In the nude and Rimmel Lasting finish lip liner in the shade 011 Spice.



Lipsticks: Again the same as about lip liners, it’s mainly the shade what makes one lipstick stand out from the other for me. Both of these lipsticks are from Manhattan. One of them is called All in one lipstick and is in the shade 230 Hip hazelnut. It’s a creamy lipstick with satin finish. I also liked Manhattan Soft rouge lipstick in the shade 260 Chai latte. It’s a nude shade with more glossy finish to it.


So these are all of products what stand out for me through 2016. Let me know which were your faves, so I could try them out in 2017.

xxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eveline BIG VOLUME EXPLOSION! ripsmetušš

BYS Velvet lips liquid lipsticks

Products I Plan to Pan in 2023