Essence Matt Matt Matt lipsticks

I haven't done any sort of a review type of post for an ages. I say review type because my posts really aren't the actual reviews at least in my opinion. I don't have that much of a experience in beauty community and I just like to write my opinion about different beauty products, mainly about makeup.


Usually Essence brings out new products twice a year - at the end of August and in February. So Essence brought out these matte lipsticks in August 2016. I have had these two for some time, but I haven't got around to write about them. I believe they have 7 shades and I have two of them. I have to admit they are pretty good. These are actually matte lipsticks, but they aren't drying which is a hugh plus. As at the moment matte liquid lipsticks are hugh thing in a beauty community it's good to find matte lip products which aren't drying the hell out of the lips, but they still looks trendy. Now as I said it's not an actual review I meant for example I can't remember how much they cost. I now they're under 3 euros, but thats all I can say. As I said I have two shades. I have one in the sahde 01 Natural kiss and the other is in the shade 08 Make a statment. One thing I don't like about them is the fact what they don't have names at the bottom sticker. The names are on the sticker which is on the cap. This is the only annoying thing about these. 
About the shades - 01 Natural kiss. It's sort of a darker peachy nude shade. I go through phases then I like it and then dislike it. I have realized peachy shades don't suit with my skin tone. I much prefer pinky nude shades. However the fact it doesn't suit me doesn't mean it's a bad one. I just recommend to swatch them before buying. 


08 Make a statment is gorgeous shade. I haven't seen this sort of a shade from drugstore before. Maybe Maybelline has this dark berry shade, but I don't now. It is super dark vampy purple-red shade. I didn't own anything similar to it before eventhough I have quite some red lipsticks. In my opinion it's kind of unique, at least for the price. I have to admit it can be a little patchy in case your lips are super chapped. However I find this dark lip products difficult to get the formula right all the time and this one is really decent. Now I don't get that much of a wear out of it because it's really one of those in your face shades and for me it's definitely not a every day shade, but I still absolutely adore it.


I hope this post is helpful in some way. Next post will be up already on Tuesday.

xxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eveline BIG VOLUME EXPLOSION! ripsmetušš

BYS Velvet lips liquid lipsticks

Products I Plan to Pan in 2023